We Are Hiring
Have you got at least two years’ experience in the funeral industry and looking for a change?
Are you looking for a change and still want to feel rewarded in your career? Are you caring, compassionate, honest, and respectful? Do you want to make a difference and help families at their time of need? If so, we could be what you are looking for.
At Wathall’s, we believe in the importance of providing exceptional care and support to families during their time of need. If you share our commitment to professionalism and compassion, we welcome you to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Location: Derby – City Centre
Wathall’s is an independent, family-owned Funeral Directors with seven branches covering Derby, Burton, and Ashbourne. Our amazing team proudly celebrates 165 years of caring for our families with the compassion, dignity, and respect that they deserve. We are dedicated to offering professional and caring funeral services to assist families through their most challenging times.
We have an opportunity for a caring, empathetic, professional, and well-presented person to join our team as a Conductor/Bearer. You will be working primarily as a Funeral Conductor and bearer, reporting directly to the Funeral Team Manager. With at least two years’ experience within the Funeral Industry and ideally as a conductor, you will work within our funeral team to provide an exceptional standard of service to the families that we care for. Attending addresses when bringing loved ones into our care, you will often be the first to meet our families. From then, working behind the scenes, you will be involved in the process within the mortuary environment, coffin preparation area, garage, and vehicle cleaning, through to the funeral service where you will care for and guide the family.
- On funerals, safely and respectfully transporting the deceased and their families to and from various locations, including the funeral home, church, cemetery, and crematorium.
- Working within the Mortuary environment in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Furnishing, lining, and preparing coffins within the workshop area.
- Ensuring that funeral vehicles are maintained, clean, and presentable at all times.
- Collaborating with the other team members to ensure that funeral services run smoothly.
- Providing support and compassion to grieving families during the Funeral Service.
- To work on the on-call rota system which involves night and weekend work (minimum 2 nights per week) bringing deceased into our care.
Experience and Requirements:
- Two years’ experience within the Funeral industry (preferably as a Conductor) is preferred but not essential as training will be given.
- Empathetic, compassionate, resilient, and able to work with initiative and under pressure.
- Well presented with excellent time keeping skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain professionalism during emotionally charged situations.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A full, clean driving licence is required.
- Due to the nature of the role, heavy lifting is necessary and good levels of physical fitness would be required.
- Living locally would be an advantage due to working on the out of hours on call rota.
Location and working hours
You would be based at our Head Office in Derby City Centre. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm. You would be required to be included on the out of hours on call rota at least two nights per week, which includes some weekends.
- Highly competitive salary (dependant on experience) of between £29,000 – £32,000 per annum including on call rate, plus call out and some overtime earnings.
- 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Full uniform provided
- Fully inclusive mobile phone.
- Health Cash Plan (upon completion of probation period)
- Death in service scheme (upon completion of probation period)
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
- Company pension
How to Apply: If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Sunday November 12th 2023