When to Contact Wathall’s
If your loved one has passed away at home, you firstly need a death certificate signed by a GP.
Arrangements can be made before the funeral is registered, but they need to have registered before the funeral takes place.
We are on duty 7 days a week and 365 days a year to answer your call – Tel: 01332 345268.
Our team of highly qualified funeral arrangers will support and guide you through the whole funeral arranging process to ensure that the wishes of you and your loved ones are our top priority.
The information we need to discuss with you include:
- Details for the deceased – age, date of death, home address, place of death, marital status, occupation and G.P’s name.
- Where you would like the place of worship to be.
- If you would like a burial/cremation and where you would like this to be.
- If you have chosen burial, we need to know if there is an existing grave or if a new grave needs to be purchased.
- If there is an existing grave, we will need to know the owners details if reopening and if the existing headstone needs to be removed.
- If you would like a temporary grave marker.
- If you have chosen cremation, we will need to know if you wish for the ashes to be scattered at the crematorium or if you wish to collect them for private scattering.
- What address the funeral is to leave from.
- The number of cars (6 people per vehicle) you would like.
- If you would like to use our bearers or if you wish to provide your own bearers.
- If you would like the funeral to return to the same address or a different venue.
- If you have a specific minister that you wish to use.
- Which hymns and music you would like during the service.
- If you would like printed service sheets (samples will be provided to help you choose).
- If you would like catering.
- What type of coffin you would like (we have brochures that you can look through).
- If you would like the deceased to wear a funeral robe or their own clothes.
- If you would like to visit your loved one in the chapel of rest.
- If you would like to publish an obituary notice.
- If you would like to publish an acknowledgement notice.
- If you would like the jewellery that the deceased is wearing to be kept on or taken off and handed back to the family.
- What kind of floral tributes you would like, e.g. bouquet, coffin spray, letters, etc.
- If you would like us to provide funeral attendance cards.
To download a printable copy of this list, with space for your own notes, please click here.
We hope that this printable list will prepare you for the questions you will be asked when you speak to us. This list is intended as a guide only, and you can contact us at any stage for further advice and assistance.Download Guide
Request further information
If you would like to receive further information from us about our services, or have any questions, please call on 01332 345268 or complete the form below: