Provision of Limousines
Posted: 17th July, 2020
We understand the importance to families of travelling in a limousine whilst following the hearse during the funeral cortege of a loved one. We also want to ensure that your journey is not only a comfortable journey, but a safe journey.
During the current COVID‐19 pandemic, following Government guidance, we took the decision to take our funeral limousines off the road. We have now fitted partitions to separate the driver from the passengers and as such we are able to provide funeral limousines again, although we must comply with a number of guidelines as outlined by our trade association, S.A.I.F (The National Society of Allied Independent Funeral Directors), to ensure that both our team and funeral limousine passengers are kept safe:
- Only passengers who live in the same household are able to travel together.
- The limousine driver and the passengers must be separated by a screen.
- Limousines can only hold a maximum of 5 or 6 passengers.
- Our driver will have access to PPE should it be required
- Passengers will have access to PPE, such as gloves & face masks, should it be required
- Limousines will be deep cleaned between each funeral.
It is our priority to ensure you have a safe & comfortable journey whilst travelling with us. We therefore ask that:
- Passengers should not be showing any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 nor have suffered with such in the last 14 days.
- Passengers with mobility issues will need to seek assistance from someone within the family to enter and exit the funeral limousines. Our staff will be unable to come into such close contact to assist.
We also have a number of items, listed below, available and should you require any of them, please do not hesitate to ask the limousine driver:
- Hand sanitizer
If there is anything further that we can do, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our team on 01332 345268.